Pyongyang, January 28 (KCNA) -- Following are major news items and articles in leading newspapers of the DPRK on Saturday:
- Premier Kim Tok Hun inspected North and South Phyongan Provinces.
- Workers and trade union members across the country turned out in the 2023 socialist emulation drive for implementing the five-year plan.
- A large number of young people in North Phyongan, North and South Hwanghae, Jagang and South Hamgyong provinces volunteered to work at a new and worthwhile theatre for the capital city construction.
- Successes have been made in various sectors of the national economy.
- Damage by COVID-19 still increases worldwide.
- An article says that the foremost mission of the Workers' Party of Korea is to reliably defend the people, hold them in high esteem and make them lead a happy life with nothing more to desire.
- Youth and students in Ryanggang Province tour the revolutionary battle and other sites in the area of Mt Paektu every day.
- An article says that the socialist patriotic movement, the revolutionary mass movement, is a powerful impetus to the prosperity and development of the state.
- The Korean Taekwon-Do Committee pushes ahead with the work for developing the orthodox martial arts of the nation. -0-www.kcna.kp (Juche112.1.28.)